Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy is proud to be a Google for Education school. We want to continue to challenge our students and bring life skills into the classroom each and everyday to make learning relevant and exciting. Google Workspace for Education allows for our entire school to collaborate with one another on a single platform.
All of our students and staff have Google for Education accounts that have been created for them for school use only. Student and faculty Google for Education accounts end with @blessedsacramentca.org.
With Google, students and our Faculty have access to the following features:
- Calendar: Organize your schedule and share events
- Contacts: Manage your contacts and easily contact your teachers and classmates
- Drive: With Google Drive, you can create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place. Share files with others, and edit them in real time (unlimited storage)
- Gmail: Get a fresh start with email
- Sites: Create, share, and publish websites (students can only publish websites that are only accessible inside our division’s blessedsacramentca.org G Suite for Education domain)
- Hangouts/Meet Collaborate with others in real-time by sharing documents and seeing each other face-to-face
- Classroom: Keep track of what’s due on the Stream and begin working with just a click. Teachers can quickly see who has or hasn’t completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback and grades
- Docs: Allows you to create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store them in your Google Drive
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy has various options for broadband services as well as access to experienced IT and telecom specialists. We currently have 27 computers, 125 Chrome books, 11 smart boards and 100 iPads connected to the internet throughout the Academy.
In addition to the internet connection, the computers are also supported by a number of peripherals, principally printers and scanners. These devices are located in areas where they can best match the needs of that area. For example, the computer lab enjoys the support of one high-speed laser printer and a smart board to support 21 computers that are being used by the students on a daily basis.
Microsoft Office is used across the curriculum for word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, and data management. Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy continues to evaluate educational software and purchases licenses to support the curriculum. Currently the school uses Internet Explorer and Google Chrome for the purpose of internet access.
The staff of Blessed Catholic Academy is knowledgeable about technological tools and they value their use in the education process. Our staff has the training to integrate technology into the curriculum. A majority of our staff is highly proficient in the use of word processing and web-based resources. Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy will keep providing support for staff development in the academy through faculty meetings and other professional development.